We develop your horizontal AND vertical strategy and target set with you and manage it in an agile and output-oriented way
- From numerous strategy management projects and scientific studies, we have applied our own approach as a hybrid of the Japanese approach “Hoshin Kanri” and the American approach “Objectives and Key Results”
- We use our own tools from practice for use in practice
- Our strategy management consultants with experience at the highest hierarchical levels of SMEs and corporations will guide you pragmatically through the strategy implementation process
The clear orientation of an organization towards a common strategy and goals is one of the most important conditions for long-term corporate success.
The situation is made more difficult by the fact that the outlook for the future is becoming increasingly uncertain. Changing and new market or legal requirements as well as technological trends are increasingly leading to “if-then strategies”. The large number of target dimensions means that there are many anonymous targets, which leads to horizontal conflicts of objectives. New goals are defined vertically along the company hierarchy, which often conflict with the overriding goals. A matching of the objectives rarely takes place.
It is even more difficult to control the target process including the measures effective in achieving the goals and to achieve a continuous process of adjustment.
Arrange and manage potent priorities
After the Covid-19 lockdown period, many corporate targets have become lapsed. In addition to the dynamically changing future trends, there has been an economic freefall, which can probably be repeated locally and globally (multiple times). The economic recovery is uncertain, deriving a strategy and goals for the company seems like a lottery game. This makes it even more essential to mutualize clear priorities. Also, to ensure (and measure) that the prioritized activities have a significant contribution to the objectives with real benefits (“outcome”). And to regularly review and re-balance this process.
What we offer
- We evaluate your current strategy as well as your current target set in terms of clarity, impact on results, unambiguity, interactions, and topicality in co-operation with you
- We work with you to develop clear, quantified breakthrough and annual targets, derive the result-oriented priorities for improvement and determine the KPIs to measure the priorities
- We personify the improvement priorities with responsible and contributing managers (“Hoshin Kanri”)
- We will take you to the next hierarchy level, so practically tilting the X-Matrix. This ensures a continuous matching of the goals (“Catch-Ball Hoshin Kanri”)
- We set up a management process for you to regularly review the status of the priorities and thus the relevance of goals (“Bowling Chart Hoshin Kanri”)
- We define and test the consistency and assertiveness of the control process in terms of the effect on results (“OKR”)
The Drescher Consulting approach
Our approach is an in-house development. After numerous projects, scientific work, and trainings we found out that both the Japanese approach “Hoshin Kanri” and the American approach “Objectives and Key Results” have significant advantages as well as disadvantages. With our methodical approach we therefore combined the strengths of both methods and minimized their weaknesses.
Your advantage with Drescher Consulting
- We understood that strategy management – even if it points far ahead – cannot be detached from value creation. It is a continuous matching process between management and all operational areas
- Decisive: definition of a few guiding objectives, coordination horizontally and vertically as well as discussion of conflicts to mutualize clear priorities
- Wide range of expert knowledge on goal-oriented corporate management in the sense of “OKR” and “Hoshin Kanri”
- An approach that has taken many client companies as well as our own company to the next level
- Results-oriented pragmatism as a guiding principle – also in strategic phases